- Water – Definitely a must have anywhere you go!
- Sunblock – I usually pack the spray kind for re-applies. It just makes it easier!
- Phone and GoPro camera – Gotta take pictures and video!
- Snacks – My go to snacks are usually an apple or orange, trail mix or just nuts and a food bar.
- Selfie stick/tripod for phone- I don’t always use it but ya never know!
- Tissue – for runny noses (especially in the cold) and for bathroom breaks – I have a SheWee but I haven’t dared use it yet!
- Empty baggie or sack for trash – Pack it in and pack it out!
- Lip balm – lips get dry.
- Extra Buff – If I’m not already wearing one.
- GPS – especially if I plan on geocaching on the hike.
- Extra jacket – especially if it’s cooler weather
Additional items to pack for winter hikes
If I’m going on a hike in the winter, I take my boot spikes or crampons and some gloves and maybe a warm scarf.