How much fun is this? Go out to one of your favorite spots or hikes, or while your camping. Take a few of your friends or family and make a contest out of it.
Here’s my photo scavenger hunt list. It’s pretty easy, so you could get kids involved as well. Other than the bonus finds they should be found just about anywhere.
- Something natural in the shape of a letter
- A natural body of water – Like a river, pond or lake.
- A lonely tree – A tree out all by itself with no others around it.
- Clouds in the shape of something
- A bug
- An animal
- Something left behind – Garbage, coins, anything left or dropped by humans.
- A trail – This could be a hiking trail, ATV trail, bike trail.
- A sign
- Funky shaped rock
- A nest
- Animal prints
- A dead tree
- A feather
- Something you think is special
- A spiderweb
- Tree bark
- A great place to hide a geocache
You can do this however you want. Do it just for fun, look at the photos of each item and judge based on popular vote – whoever gets the most votes wins. You could make each one specific to the area you’re in and make it harder for adults only or make it simple for kids.